The latest version of Pokémon: PC Panic! is Beta version 0.1. Download it here, or scroll down for instructions. Please visit our FAQ if you have any questions. Also, read the Known Bugs page before playing.
v0.1 Patch 1+
|Download||This does everything listed at v0.1 Patch 1, as well as adding the feature to release Pokémon.|
v0.1 Patch 1
This fixes all bugs listed here. Replaced by Patch 1+.
|v0.1 demo (beta)||
The first public release of Pokémon: PC Panic!
- Download one of the files above. Please always try to download the newest version.
- Exctract the folder inside, called Pokémon PC Panic! <version>, to your preferred location.
- (recommended) Once extracted, install the fonts included in the Fonts folder, in the extracted folder.
- Open Game.exe. That's it!
- Do NOT change the name of Game.exe, do NOT remove it from its folder and do NOT make changes to the hidden files in the game folder. They are necessary.
- Install the latest base version and follow the install instructions. Skip this step if you have the latest version installed already.
- Download the latest patch and extract it. The extracted folder should have the same name as the base version you have installed: Pokémon PC Panic! <version>.
- Once extracted, drag the patch folder into the same parent folder as the base version's folder. Choose to merge the folders and, if asked, substitute old files with the new ones.
- Open Game.exe. That's it, you'll continue where you left off!
- The patch folder might seem empty. This is not the case! All important files are invisible.
DON'T upgrade if you're running a PC with an older OS than Windows XP or if you're running the game in WINE, DON'T perform this step and please contact /u/Q-Quan on Reddit before proceeding.
- In your old game, save in the middle of a Poké Center (on the Poké Ball on the ground), or in front of the Player's house in Pallet Town. Then quit.
- Delete your old game folder and all of its contents, including shortcuts to it.
- Download a newer version of the game in the Downloads section.
- Follow steps 1-4 of the Installation instructions. You'll continue where you left off!
- DON'T open a saved game in a game version older than the one it was created with. You might glitch the game if you do.